Bartlett Pear Lattice Coffeecake
Recipe courtesy of U.S.A. Pears.
1 large fresh Bartlett pear, cored and sliced
1/2 cup granulated sugar - divided use
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
4 cups buttermilk baking mix
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
- Toss pear with 2 tablespoons sugar, flour and orange peel.
- Combine baking mix, 6 tablespoons sugar and cardamom.
- Beat together eggs and milk; add to dry ingredients and stir until mixed.
- Turn out on lightly floured surface and knead gently a few times.
- Cut off 2/3 of dough; pat on bottom and 1-inch up the sides of an 8-inch spring-form pan.
- Arrange pear slices over dough.
- Roll remaining dough into ropes and arrange, lattice-fashion, on top of pear slices.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) (190°C) for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of U.S.A. Pears.