Best-Ever Had Nestlé Chip Almond Cake
This cake will quickly become one of your favorites! Created by Maria Samperi of Northford, CT, this chocolate dessert, with its Amaretto glaze, is a perfect addition to any party or family get-together.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1/2 of an 8-ounce can) almond paste, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon almond extract *
6 large eggs
1 (8-ounce) container dairy sour cream
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
Amaretto Glaze (recipe below)
Garnish with NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly grease and flour 12-cup Bundt® pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, almond paste and almond extract in large mixer bowl on medium speed until mixture is light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream. Stir in morsels. Pour batter into prepared Bundt® pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle top with Amaretto Glaze. Garnish with morsels, if desired.
- For Amaretto Glaze: Combine 1 cup sifted powdered sugar and 4 teaspoons amaretto or milk in small bowl; stir. Add enough additional amaretto or milk to make glazing consistency.
Makes 12 servings.
*May substitute almond extract with vanilla extract.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.