Best Brownie Cupcakes
These easy, one-bowl cocoa brownie cupcakes are simply the best. Everyone gets the coveted "corner" when the batter is baked into cupcakes!
1 cup butter
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Add the cocoa to the melted butterand stir until smooth. Add both sugars; stir until mixed well. Add eggs and vanilla; beating by hand until well mixed. Add flour, salt and baking powder; stir until just mixed.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cupcake comes out with a few moist crumbs (not wet). Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove cupcakes to finish cooling on wire rack.
Makes 15 cupcakes.
Variation: Add 1 cup walnut or pecan pieces to batter, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/15 of recipe): Calories 242.17; Fat 13.74g; Sodium 202.86mg; Potassium 120.99mg; Total Carbohydrates 29.06g; Fiber 1.18g; Sugar 20.97g ; Protein 2.81g.