Blueberry Buckle Cake
A snack cake bursting with blueberries and a crunchy streusel topping.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease one 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- With electric mixer, cream together 3/4 cup sugar, shortening, and egg.
- In a separate bowl mix together 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into sugar mixture, alternating with milk. Stir in blueberries. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- To make topping: Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon, and butter. Sprinkle evenly over cake batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tested done when wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Makes 12 servings.