Chocolate Malt Cupcakes with Malted Buttercream
These delicious malted chocolate cupcakes will be a treat everyone will want again.
Chocolate Malt Cupcakes:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup NESTLÉÂ® TOLL HOUSEÂ® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup OVALTINE Classic Malt Mix or Chocolate Malt Mix
2 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoons OVALTINE Classic Malt Mix or Chocolate Malt Mix
2 tablespoons lowfat milk
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
Chopped malt balls (optional)
- For Chocolate Malt Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 12-cup standard-size muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Melt butter and morsels in large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir with whisk for a couple of minutes until melted and smooth. Whisk in sugar and Ovaltine until smooth. Whisk in eggs.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl; stir. Gradually stir into chocolate mixture. Fold in sour cream. Spoon evenly into prepared cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan on wire rack; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Pipe malted buttercream on cupcakes; sprinkle with chopped malt balls.
- For Malted Buttercream: Beat butter in large mixer bowl until creamy and fluffy. Combine Ovaltine and milk in small bowl; stir until Ovaltine is dissolved. Beat into butter. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until creamy.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.