Erica's Dump Cake Cake
"This cake is so named because of the fact that all preparation consists of 'dumping' the ingredients into a cake pan. It is very quick and easy to create, and dinner guests, family members and friends cannot resist a second helping." Recipe submitted by Erica from Montgomery, AL.
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
2 (21-ounce) cans cherry pie filling
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In bottom of 13x9x2-inch cake pan, spread pineapple evenly on bottom of pan. Pour cherry pie filling on top of pineapple 'crust' and spread as evenly as possible.
- Dump yellow cake mix as-is on top of the cherries and pineapple.
- Slice butter into pats and place strategically over the top of the cake mix. Cover all of this with walnuts.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes. Cool before serving.
Makes 12 servings.