Flourless Chocolate-Pecan Cake with Apricot Glaze
This decadently rich and delicious cake will receive rave reviews.
2 cups (12 ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted margarine or butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/3 cup granulated sugar
8 large eggs
1/2 cup apricot jam or preserves
Non-dairy whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Line bottom with parchment or wax paper. Grease paper.
- Place morsels, butter, water and coffee granules in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth. Stir in nuts, cocoa and granulated sugar until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl for 5 minutes or until the volume doubles. Fold 1/3 of beaten eggs into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining beaten eggs 1/3 at a time until thoroughly incorporated. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 37 minutes or until cake has risen (center will still move and appear underbaked) and edges start to get firm and shiny. Cool completely in pan on wire rack (center will sink slightly). Cover cake; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. (Cake can be prepared up to 4 days in advance.)
- To Serve: About 30 minutes before serving, remove side of pan by first running knife around edge of cake. Invert cake on sheet of parchment paper, peel off parchment pan liner, and turn the cake right-side up on serving platter. Microwave jam in small, microwave-safe dish on HIGH (100%) power for 10 to 15 seconds; stir. Spoon over top and edge of cake. Serve with dollop of whipped topping.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.