Heavenly Bliss Cupcakes
with Sweetened Whipped Cream Frosting
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup canola oil
3 large eggs
2 1/4 cups hot water
Sweetened Whipped Cream Frosting:
3 cups heavy cream (ice cold)
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- For Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line muffin tin with 24 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk canola oil and eggs. Slowly add oil mixture to dry mixture, followed by hot water. Mix until fully combined, making sure to scrape sides of bowl with spatula to get out all lumps.
- Spoon or pour mixture into cupcake liners until two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15 minutes then rotate pan and bake for another 5 to 8 minutes or until cupcakes spring back to touch. Remove from oven and cool cupcakes completely.
- For Sweetened Whipped Cream Frosting: In medium bowl, whisk heavy cream on medium-high speed. Slowly add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Mix on high speed until soft firm peaks form.
- Scoop whipped cream into pastry bag with star tip and pipe whipped cream on top of cooled cupcakes. Dust lightly with cocoa powder. Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 24 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 280; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 45mg; Total Carbs: 33g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 22g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 110mg; Potassium: 94mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.