Homemade Chocolate-Glazed Angel Food Cake
Indulge in something truly divine with this recipe for homemade chocolate angel food cake. Drizzled with a decadent chocolate glaze and served with a side of vanilla frozen yogurt or fresh, seasonal fruit, this heavenly dessert offers guilt-free delicious flavor.
3/4 cup cake flour
1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar - divided use
12 large egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- For Cake: Sift flour, cocoa and 3/4 cup granulated sugar in medium bowl.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. With mixer running, gradually beat in remaining granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold in flour mixture, one-third at a time. Spoon batter into ungreased 10-inch tube pan with removable bottom.
- Bake for 35 to 38 minutes or until cake springs back when touched. Cool by turning the cake (in the pan) upside down, propping on top of a bottle until it cools to room temperature. Run knife around the cake to loosen, then invert onto a serving plate.
- For Glaze: Combine powdered sugar, cocoa and water in medium bowl. Stir until smooth. Drizzle glaze over top of cake, letting it drip down naturally. Let glaze set for 30 minutes or until hard. Serve with vanilla frozen yogurt, if desired.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.