Honey Cornmeal Poundcake
Cornmeal gives this honey-sweetened poundcake a nice, toothsome texture that is especially nice served with fruit and a dollop of whipped cream.
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup honey
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease and flour a 8 x 4-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter until light; gradually add honey, beating until light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition; beat in vanilla.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture, mixing until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Honey Board.