Honey Spice Cake
This delicious cake will fill your home with spicy holiday aromas.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup honey
2 large eggs
3/4 cup buttermilk or yogurt
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup raisins that have been softened by soaking, drained
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Cake: Beat butter, honey and eggs together. Add buttermilk, mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together, and add to the butter mixture. Mix well. Stir in the raisins.
- Pour into 8-inch square cake pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- Frost with the following delicious cream cheese recipe.
- Combine all ingredients, except powedered sugar, in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and continue beating until smooth.
- Spread frosting over top and sides of cake.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of www.frontiercoop.com; through ARAcontent.