Luscious Lemon Gelatin Cake
This easy cake is a lemon-lover's delight. The buttery lemon syrup gives the cake an incredibly moist texture and so much lemony flavor, it almost makes your mouth pucker—but not quite!
1 (18.25-ounce) package lemon cake mix
1 (3-ounce) package lemon gelatin
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon lemon extract
4 large eggs
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Powdered sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Place all ingredients into large mixing bowl. With electric mixer, beat for 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched. Remove and pierce hot cake with the tines of a serving fork all over top of cake. Spread lemon icing evenly over top of hot cake. Cool.
- For Lemon Syrup: Combine all ingredients in small bowl, mixing well. Spread over hot cake. Cool completely.
- Just before serving, sprinkle powdered sugar over top of cooled cake, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): 371.1 calories; 51% calories from fat; 21.8g total fat; 78.1mg cholesterol; 189.2mg sodium; 93.0mg potassium; 41.4g carbohydrates; 0.0g fiber; 6.8g sugar; 41.4g net carbs; 4.0g protein.