Mini Pumpkin and Date-Nut Cakes with Maple Glaze
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
Mini Pumpkin Cakes:
Canola oil spray
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin purée
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray a 13x9x2-inch cake pan with canola oil.
- For Mini Pumpkin Cakes: In large bowl, beat together granulated sugar and canola oil until fluffy. Mix in eggs and pumpkin purée until well combined. Mix in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cloves. When fully combined, stir in dates and pecans. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cakes for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely in pan. While cake is cooling, make maple glaze.
- For Maple Glaze: sift powdered sugar into small bowl, pour in maple syrup and whisk vigorously with fork until smooth. Add additional maple syrup if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- Cut cooled cake into 36 small squares. Remove cake squares from pan and dip top of cakes into maple glaze. Place on rack and let glaze harden.
Makes 36 servings.
Tip: Serve on a cake stand for a pretty presentation.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe): Calories: 130; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 10mg; Total Carbs: 18g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 13g; Protein: 1g; Sodium: 75mg; Potassium: 55mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.