Orange Kiss Me Cake
A moist, orange-kissed cake studded with raisins and walnuts, and topped with cinnamon-sugared nuts.
1 cup raisins
1/3 cup walnuts
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 large eggs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Squeeze orange, reserving 1/3 cup juice for topping; remove any seeds. In blender or food processor grind together orange peel and pulp, raisins and 1/3 cup walnuts; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour and remaining cake ingredients at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Stir in orange-raisin mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Drizzle reserved 1/3 cup orange juice over warm cake in pan.
- For Topping: In small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in 1/4 cup walnuts; sprinkle over cake. Cool completely.
Makes 12 servings.