Orange Nut Butter Cake
This rich butter cake, loaded with pecans, has triple the orange flavor—orange marmalade, orange peel and orange juice.
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup orange marmalade
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup orange juice
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine sugar and 3/4 cup butter in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes). Continue beating, adding eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition (1 to 2 minutes). Reduce speed to low; add 1 tablespoon orange peel, vanilla and orange marmalade. Beat until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Continue beating, gradually adding flour mixture alternately with orange juice and evaporated milk, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes). Stir in pecans by hand.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured 10-inch Bundt® or tube pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
- Combine all glaze ingredients except milk in small mixer bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often and gradually adding enough milk for desired glazing consistency. Glaze cooled cake.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 360, Fat: 16 g, Cholesterol: 70 mg, Sodium: 270 mg, Carbohydrates: 52 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 5 g.