Orange Wake-Up Cake
An orange-scented coffeecake with a nutty graham streusel topping and a drizzle of orange icing.
3 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons orange peel, grated - divided use
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons orange juice
- Prepare the yellow cake mix according to package directions, except add 1 tablespoon grated orange peel.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 13x9x2-inch pan.
- For the topping: In a medium bowl mix chopped nuts, brown sugar, finely crushed graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, remaining 1 tablespoon of grated orange peel, and cinnamon. Sprinkle the topping over the batter and bake according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine powdered sugar and orange juice until smooth.
- When cake is finished and cooled, drizzle the glaze over the cake and serve.
Makes 12 servings.