Peanut Pumpkin Cupcakes
Recipe courtesy of National Peanut Board.
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin purée
2 large eggs
2 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 12 (2 3/4-inch) muffin pan cups or line with paper muffin cup liners.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar, pumpkin purée, eggs and vegetable oil until well combined. Add the flour mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in the chocolate pieces and 1/2 cups of the peanuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts.
- Bake in center of 350°F (175°C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 281; Total Fat: 11g; Cholesterol: 36mg; Total Carbs: 42g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 6g; Sodium: 336mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Peanut Board.