Pear Spice Cake with Praline Topping
This cake is very moist thanks to the pears and nectar. The sweet praline topping pulls it altogether and makes this cake something special.
1 1/4 cups pecan or walnut halves
1 cup (2 sticks) butter - divided use
1 (18.25-ounce) package spice cake mix
3/4 cup pear nectar
3 large eggs
2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and chopped (about 2 cups total)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 9-inch springform pan.
- Place nuts on baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Melt 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter in microwave-safe mixer bowl. Add cake mix, nectar and eggs. Beat for 2 minutes with electric mixer. Stir in pears. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until dark brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out with crumbs on it. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen; release side of pan. Place cake on serving platter.
- Melt remaining butter in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in sugar and cream. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Stir in nuts. Pour over top of cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.