Pumpkin Cake with Citrus Glaze
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 (18-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup water
3 large eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray a Bundt® pan, individual small size Bundt pans or loaf pans with canola oil.
- Combine 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Dust pan(s) with sugar mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, canola oil, water, eggs, canned pumpkin and 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes Carefully pour cake batter into pan or pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes for large pan or approximately 20 minutes for small pans, or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool cake on wire rack for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove cake from pan or pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- For Glaze: Combine icing sugar and lemon juice. Adjust icing sugar and lemon juice to reach desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over cake.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 330; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 55mg; Total Carbs: 51g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 4g; Sodium: 330mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.