Fran's Microwave Toffee
This terrific, quick and easy microwave toffee recipe was submitted by Fran of Memphis, Tennessee.
1 cup chopped toasted almonds - divided use
1/2 pound grated semi-sweet chocolate - divided use
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cut into chunks
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
- Butter a large piece of aluminum foil; set aside.
- Have the almonds ready and set aside.
- Mix together the butter chunks, 1/2 of the chocolate, brown sugar and water. Microwave for 5 minutes uncovered; quickly whisk in 1/2 of the almonds and then microwave again for another 5 minutes on HIGH, covered.
- Quickly pour and spread hot mixture onto prepared foil.
- Sprinkle reserved chocolate and remaining almonds on top.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and break into pieces.
- Store in airtight container.
Makes about 20 pieces.