Marzipan Candy Fruit
Marzipan, an almond paste, is sculpted to form realistic little fruits. They make adorable decorations for cakes and cupcakes.
3/4 pound ready-to-use marzipan (or see recipe)
1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
1/2 teaspoon green food coloring
1/2 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- Divide marzipan into 3 portions.
- Tint each portion with red food coloring, green food coloring, or yellow food coloring. Knead until evenly colored.
- Shape the red marzipan into strawberries. Roll gently on a grated surface for texture.
- Shape the green marzipan into pears; insert cloves for stems.
- Shape the yellow marzipan into bananas.
- Serve or store in airtight containers.
Makes 24 confections.