Nutty Chocolate Caramel Corn Clusters
This recipe is as easy to make as it is incredibly good. Which is a good thing because you can count on being asked to make it again.
3 quarts popped popcorn
1 cup Marcona almonds, whole almonds or peanuts
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
1 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Line a large (17x12x1–inch), rimmed baking pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Spray a large mixing bowl (not plastic) with cooking spray and add popcorn and nuts; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate morsels, corn syrup and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Pour over popcorn; toss well to coat.
- Spread in an even layer into prepared baking pan. Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan. Break into pieces; store in an airtight container.
Makes 3 quarts; 24 (1/2 cup) servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.