Popcorn and Peanut Truffles
Popcorn and peanuts add crunch to these delectable honeyed chocolate truffles.
6 cups popped popcorn
1 cup roasted and salted peanuts
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup honey
- Stir popcorn and peanuts together in a large bowl; set aside.
- In microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips 10 seconds. Stir chips and repeat, stirring after each 10 seconds, until chips are melted.
- Warm honey in microwave 10 seconds and stir into chocolate until well blended.
- Pour chocolate mixture over popcorn mixture and stir until popcorn is evenly coated.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, push popcorn mixture into scoop and release onto wax paper to form truffles.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Store truffles in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Makes about 30 truffles.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.