Pumpkin Marshmallow & Spice Fudge
This pumpkin marshmallow fudge, perfectly seasoned with pumpkin pie spice, is wonderful for fall and winter holiday entertaining and gift-giving.
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
2/3 cup heavy or whipping cream*
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1 (12-ounce) package quality white chocolate chips** (Do not use imitation)
1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted or untoasted as desired (optional)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Using foil, line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. (There is no need to grease the foil.)
- In heavy 4-quart saucepan, mix together both sugars and pumpkin spice; add the cream, pumpkin purée, stirring until combine; then add the butter and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full rolling boil; continue cooking, without stirring, for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in the white chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, pecans (if using) and vanilla extract, stirring until the chips and marshmallow creme are completely melted.
- Immediately pour into the foil-lined pan and spread quickly.
- Let stand at room temperature until completely cooled and firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Lift fudge from pan, carefully remove the foil and cut into 1-inch squares.
Makes about 3 pounds or 48 (1-inch) servings.
*Or substitute with 2/3 cup evaporated milk, half-and-half (light cream) or simply use whole or 2% milk, the fudge will be a little less creamy, even so, it is more than likely no one will be the wiser, but you.
**I use (and prefer) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels. I have used another popular "brand name" of white chocolate chips and was disappointed not only by the inferior taste AND texture, but I had to resort to the use an electric mixer in a vain attempt to coax the chips to melt completely....an attempt that did not succeed "completely". Happily the fudge was still pretty good, however, it would have been much better had a local grocery store not been out of my favorite brand.
***Do not allow the bulb of the candy thermometer to rest on the bottom of saucepan.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/48 of recipe): 155.9 calories; 42% calories from fat; 7.9g total fat; 9.9mg cholesterol; 33.4mg sodium; 67.7mg potassium; 22.6g carbohydrates; 0.9g fiber; 14.8g sugar; 21.8g net carbs; 0.7g protein.