Super, No Fail Caramel Corn
It really works! This no-fail recipe is the real deal, genuine caramel-coated popcorn made fast and easy!
3 quarts popped popcorn
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), diced
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; remove any unpopped kernels.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large, deep pot, stir together brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt over medium heat until well blended. Increase heat and bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 5 minutes WITHOUT STIRRING.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in baking soda (mixture will foam), mixing well. Working quickly, stir popcorn into hot mixture, stirring until completely coated.
- Quickly spread out onto prepared baking sheet and allow to cool and break into smaller pieces.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Makes about 2 1/2 quarts.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.