White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn Bark
Smooth white chocolate candy bark studded with bits of crushed peppermint candy and crispy popcorn.
5 cups popped popcorn
12 ounces white chocolate baking chips, chopped white chocolate or white candy coating
1 cup crushed hard candy peppermints
- Cover a baking pan with foil or wax paper; set aside.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring until smooth, or melt according to package directions.
- Stir in crushed peppermints after chocolate is melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture over popcorn mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread onto prepared pan; allow to cool completely.
- When chocolate is cooled and set, break into chunks for serving.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Makes 1 pound.
For White Chocolate Popcorn Crunch: Omit candy peppermints. Mix 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries and 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds with the popcorn. Pour chocolate over the mixture after it is melted.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.