White Chocolate Popcorn Crunch
Smooth white chocolate candy studded with dried cranberries, toasted slivered almonds and crispy popcorn.
5 cups popped popcorn
1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
12 ounces white chocolate baking chips, chopped white chocolate or white candy coating
1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening, as needed (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- Line a baking pan with foil or wax paper; set aside.
- Place popcorn, cranberries and almonds in a large bowl; set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring until smooth, or melt according to package directions. (If chocolate is not smooth after melting, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons shortening until mixture is smooth and loose enough to coat popcorn.)
- Pour chocolate mixture over popcorn mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread onto prepared pan; allow to cool completely.
- When chocolate is cooled and set, break into chunks for serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Makes 1 pound.
For White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn Crunch: Omit cranberries and almonds. Stir in 1 cup crushed hard candy peppermints after chocolate is melted.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.