Apricot Stuffed Chicken
Tender chicken breasts are filled with a seasoned bread stuffing and fresh apricot, grilled to perfection and brushed with a tangy apricot glaze.
2 whole chicken breasts, boned, skin on
1/2 cup dry stuffing mix
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
4 fresh apricots (1/2 pound), halved
1/2 cup apricot jam
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Place chicken skin side down and pound with a mallet to flatten slightly.
- Combine stuffing mix, onion, butter, and 1/4 teaspoon ginger.
- Spoon stuffing mixture in a strip along center of each breast.
- Place apricot halved on top of stuffing.
- Wrap chicken around filling; tie each chicken roll with a string every 2 inches.
- Barbecue on rack about 5 1/2-inches above medium-hot coals 15 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Mix apricot jam, vinegar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon ginger.
- Brush jam mixture over chicken rolls; continue cooking until done, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): 340 calories, 17 g protein, 40 g carbohydrates, 163 mg sodium, 13 g fat, 62 mg cholesterol, 1 g dietary fiber, 1095 IU vitamin A, 368 mg potassium.
Recipe provided courtesy California Fresh Apricot Council.