Baked Chicken Ranchera
Serve this South-of-the-Border flavored chicken dish with a side of your favorite cooked rice.
2 1/2 pounds chicken parts
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed - divided use
1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Reduced Sodium Chicken Flavor Instant Bouillon - divided use
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red, green or yellow bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 1/2 cups thick & chunky salsa
1/2 cup warm water
2 bay leaves
1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place chicken in 13x9x2-inch baking pan; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon bouillon and black pepper.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in salsa, water, remaining bouillon, bay leaves, cinnamon and remaining oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Remove bay leaves and cinnamon stick pieces.
- Pour sauce over chicken; bake for an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Makes 4 to 5 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.