BBQ Chicken Fingers & Beans
These packets, filled with tasty chicken fingers on a bed of beans, can be cooked in the oven or on the grill.
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cut in 1/2-inch slices
1/2 cup favorite barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chili powder
4 cups zucchini or yellow squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion, 1/4-inch thick, rings separated
1 (16-ounce) can BUSH'S® Dark Red Kidney Beans with liquid drained
Salt and pepper, to taste
16 each 12x16-inch pieces of foil, folded in 1/2
8 each 12x16-inch pieces of parchment paper, folded in 1/2
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C) or heat grill to medium high.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Toss with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce.
- Combine garlic, olive oil and chili powder. Toss with sliced zucchini, onions and kidney beans.
- Open a double layer of foil; place a piece of parchment paper on top. Fold paper in half and open again.
- Scoop 1/8 of bean mixture on each package, then place chicken on top. Drizzle remaining juice from bean mixture on top of each piece of chicken.
- Fold the paper and foil in half (it should close like a book). Crimp edges starting at the edge of foil, twisting completely to seal. The packages must be tightly sealed so they will capture the steam created when cooking.
- Place packages on a baking sheet, do not overlap or let them touch. Bake until chicken is completely cooked, approximately 15 minutes. To grill, place in a single layer over medium heat, cover and let cook until packets puff up and the chicken is completely cooked, approximately 15 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Bush's Beans, through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.