Beer Can Chicken
Beer can chicken is the perfect way to cook a whole chicken on the grill, the beer not only gives the chicken amazing flavor, but ensures that the meat cooks evenly and stays moist making for a delicious, easy dinner.
1 whole chicken
3 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Beer can stand/Beer can
- Heat the grill to medium high heat.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, salt, paprika, ground black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Rub the outside and inside cavity with the rub.
- Tuck the wing tips under.
- Fill a beer can stand with 1/2 a can of beer, or use a 1/2 filled beer can.
- Holding the chicken upright slide it over the stand/can so it fits inside the cavity.
- Cook with the grill closed for an hour and 15 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.