Bombay Chicken Wings
with Yogurt Chutney Dipping Sauce
Curried chicken wings served with a creamy yogurt chutney dipping sauce.
Bombay Chicken Wings:
2 (1 1/4 pound) packages chicken wing drummettes (24 pieces)
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons green onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Sprigs of cilantro for garnish
Yogurt Chutney Dipping Sauce:
1/2 cup plain yogurt
3 tablespoons mango, finely chopped
1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
1 tablespoon green onion, minced
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
1/8 teaspoon salt
- For Bombay Chicken Wings: In large bowl, mix all ingredients except chicken wings and cilantro to make marinade. Add chicken wings, making sure all pieces are coated well with mixture; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare Yogurt Chutney Dipping Sauce (recipe follows).
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Drain chicken wings; place in single layer on jelly roll pan.
- Bake 25 minutes until golden brown.
- For Yogurt Chutney Dipping Sauce: In medium bowl combine all ingredients; cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Arrange on platter surrounding a bowl of Yogurt Chutney Dipping Sauce. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve.
Makes 6 to 8 servings or 24 appetizers.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.