Buffalo Chicken Lasagne
Recipe courtesy of the National Pasta Association.
12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
4 cups low-sodium spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 cups water
2 to 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 (15-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup egg substitute (or 2 large eggs, beaten)
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; sauté 4 minutes Drain well. Stir in spaghetti sauce, water, hot sauce, vinegar and garlic salt.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and egg substitute. Set aside.
- Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread 1 cup of the sauce over the bottom of the pan. Arrange 4 pieces of lasagne (3 lengthwise, 1 width-wise) over the sauce. Cover with 1 1/2 cups of the sauce. Spread half the ricotta mixture on top. Arrange another 4 pieces of lasagne over ricotta, and top with another 1 1/2 cups of sauce. Spread remaining ricotta mixture on top. Arrange final 4 pieces of lasagne over ricotta mixture and cover with remaining sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cover lasagne with foil and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Uncover lasagne, sprinkle blue cheese on top and bake an additional 5 minutes uncovered. Cover and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Pasta Association.