Cheesy Chicken Crunchers
Crushed cornflakes give these baked chicken strips their crunch. Recipe created by Chef Jon Ashton of Orlando, Florida.
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 large egg whites
1/2 cup 2% reduced fat milk
1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
1 cup (4-ounces) reduced fat, shredded Cheddar cheese
6 chicken breast filets; cut into strips
Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Set up three bowls with the following: 1) flour mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper; 2) an egg-wash; made by beating the eggs and milk together; 3) cornflakes mixed with cheese.
- Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip chicken pieces in flour, then into the egg-wash, then roll in the cheesy-flakes mixture, coating the entire piece of chicken and place on the baking pan. Discard any unused cornflake mixture after coating chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway through to ensure even browning.
- Serve with ketchup or BBQ sauce for dipping, if desired.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of 3-A-Day of Dairy.