Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
This easy and delicious, creamy-cheesy chicken enchiladas recipe was developed by chef Beth Gostisha.
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
1 1/4 teaspoons salt - divided use
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander or cumin (optional)
1 cup sour cream
2 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast*, chopped
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup onion, finely-diced
10 (6 to 7-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup shredded Wisconsin Monterey Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place tomatoes with juice, chiles, 1/2 teaspoon salt, coriander and sour cream in blender. Cover; blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Combine chicken, cream cheese, onion and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt in mixing bowl; set aside.
- Heat tortillas in a stack in microwave for 45 seconds on 100% to soften. Place 1/4 cup of chicken filling on each tortilla and roll up.
- Place filled tortillas, seam side down, in sprayed 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish, making two rows of 5 tortillas each. Pour blended tomato mixture over tortillas. Cover pan with foil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Return to oven until cheese melts, about 5 to 7 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
*1 1/4 pounds of uncooked chicken breast will yield approximately 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.