Chicken and Dressing Casserole
This is one of those deliciously satisfying casseroles that can easily be labeled 'comfort food'.
1 (2 1/2 to 3-pound) chicken, stewed and de-boned
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (12-ounce) package stuffing mix
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Combine stuffing mix and butter; mix well.
- Spread 3/4 of stuffing mixture in bottom of greased 13x9x2-inch casserole dish. Lay pieces of chicken on top of stuffing. Add mushrooms.
- In medium bowl, combine sour cream, cream of chicken soup and 1 cup of chicken broth. Spoon over chicken and dressing. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth over all.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken tests done.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.