Chicken and Mushroom Ragoût
Your family will enjoy these individual foil packets filled with an Italian-seasoned stew of chicken, tomatoes and mushrooms, to be served over polenta—or noodles, or rice, if preferred.
Heavy duty aluminum foil
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large portobello mushroom or 8 fresh white mushrooms, sliced
1 (1.25-ounce) envelope spaghetti sauce mix
1 (14.5-ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, drained
1 (16-ounce) package refrigerated Polenta
Grated Parmesan Cheese for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Tear off 4 (12 x 18-inch) foil sheets.
- Toss together chicken, mushroom slices, and sauce mix; place one-fourth of mixture in center of each foil sheet. Top evenly with tomatoes.
- Bring up 2 sides of each foil sheet, and double fold with about 1-inch-wide folds. Double fold each end to form packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside packet. Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 450°F (230°C) for 15 minutes.
- Cook polenta according to package directions.
- Open foil packets carefully, allowing steam to escape; spoon ragoût over polenta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 servings.