Chicken Breasts Mozzarella
An elegant, yet simple entrée of sautéed chicken breasts and mushrooms in a buttery wine pan sauce topped with mozzarella cheese.
6 tablespoons butter - divided use
1/2 pound mushrooms, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
About 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/3 cup white wine
2 tablespoons port wine
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in skillet; sauté mushrooms until tender; set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; dredge in flour.
- Heat remaining butter and oil in large skillet. Sauté chicken breasts over medium heat until done and nicely browned.
- Arrange breasts in a lightly greased shallow baking pan. Spoon the mushrooms over chicken.
- Add both wines to the skillet; heat to boiling, stirring up browned bits from bottom of pan (de-glazing). Pour sauce over chicken. Top each breast with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven just until cheese melts.
Makes 4 servings.