Smothered in a sour cream mushroom sauce, bacon-wrapped chicken breast halves bake long and slow atop a bed of dried beef.
1 (8-ounce) jar dried beef slices
8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
8 slices of bacon
1 cup sour cream
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 275°F (135°C).
- Line a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with dried beef.
- Wrap each chicken breast with one bacon strip and place onto the beef.
- Combine the sour cream and cream of mushroom soup together and pour evenly over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 3 hours.
Makes 8 servings.