Chicken with Stuffed Olive-Raisin Sauce
An elegant dish of sautéed breaded chicken breast served with a sherried raisin, almond and stuffed olive sauce.
1/4 cup dry sherry
2 tablespoons golden raisins
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, finely minced
6 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1 (3-ounce) jar pimento-stuffed olives, drained
Orange slices (optional)
Parsley sprigs (optional)
- Combine sherry and raisins; set aside.
- Combine orange juice, parsley and garlic; brush mixture on chicken.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet; add chicken and sauté for 5 minutes or each side or until browned. Remove chicken; discard oil.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat; add sherry-raisin mixture, almonds and olives.
- Return chicken to skillet; cover and cook 10 minutes or until done.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and spoon sauce mixture over chicken. Garnish with orange slices and parsley, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.