Chicken Cordon Bleu with Creamy Mustard Sauce
This chicken dish is a must try recipe. Perfect for entertaining or special family meals when you want a more sophisticated presentation.
1 (7.6-ounce) can NESTLÉ Media Crema Table Cream - divided use
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon - divided use
1 teaspoon dried oregano
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
4 thin slices cooked ham
4 slices Swiss cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease large baking pan.
- Mix 1/2 can media crema and mustard in small bowl; set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon bouillon and oregano in a dish; set aside. Place remaining 1/2 can media crema in a separate shallow dish.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces on both sides with remaining 1 teaspoon bouillon. Place 1 ham slice and 1 cheese slice on top of each chicken breast. Roll up; secure with wooden pick. Dip each roll in media crema, then in crumb mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each roll with the crumb mixture. Place rolls on prepared baking sheet; drizzle with oil.
- Bake, turning chicken over halfway through baking time, for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and crust is golden.
- Serve warm with creamy mustard sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.