Chicken Enchiladas in Red Sauce
This tasty recipe for chicken enchiladas gets extra flavor dimension from the sofrito paste that has tomato, garlic and onion flavors.
8 dried ancho chiles, re-hydrated in hot water, drained and seeded
1 1/2 cups water
2 (3.98-ounce) packets MAGGI Sofrito Seasoning Paste (tomato, garlic, onion)
1 1/2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Tablets, dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
16 medium corn tortillas
2 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast meat
2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) crumbled Mexican panela cheese - divided use
NESTLÉ Media Crema
Thinly sliced onion
Thinly sliced radishes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place chiles, water, sofrito, dissolved bouillon and oregano in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour sauce in large bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Fry tortillas one at a time for 2 to 3 seconds to soften. Drain tortillas on paper towels. Dip tortillas in chile sauce; fill evenly with shredded chicken and 2 cups cheese. Roll filled tortillas and arrange in large baking dish.
- Pour remaining chile sauce over filled tortillas in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese; cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Serve topped with media crema, sliced onions and radishes.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.