Chicken Fingers with Guava Szechwan Sauce
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
1 1/2 cups corn flake crumbs
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup Old Style (coarse grain) Dijon mustard
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4-inch strips
1/2 cup guava juice or orange juice
1 tablespoon vinegar
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In medium bowl, combine corn flake crumbs and salt and pepper.
- In separate small bowl, combine mustard and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Spread chicken pieces with mayonnaise mixture and roll in cornflake crumbs. Place on parchment lined baking sheet or nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine guava/orange juice, vinegar, canola oil, sugar, hot pepper sauce, ginger, garlic and honey. Bring to a boil while stirring.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to saucepan stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Serve warm as a dipping sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 560; Total Fat: 36g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 85mg; Total Carbs: 28g; Protein: 34g; Sodium: 1250mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.