Chicken Fried Rice
For a quick one-dish meal your family will enjoy, try this easy recipe for chicken fried rice with shrimp, ham and green peas.
1 cup long-grain white rice
1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cube
1 tablespoon butter
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 boneless, skinless chicken breast half, diced
1/4 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped or imitation crabmeat
1/2 cup diced ham
2 large green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
1/4 cup peas
- Cook rice according to package directions, substituting bouillon for salt.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook just until set, tilting pan to let uncooked egg run under edges. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken, shrimp, ham and green onions. Cook until chicken is lightly browned and shrimp are pink.
- Add seasoning sauce; stir well.
- Add rice, lettuce and peas; toss well.
- Cut egg into thin strips; toss with rice.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 260 Calories from Fat: 90 Total Fat: 10 g Saturated Fat: 2.5 g Cholesterol: 120 mg Sodium: 480 mg Carbohydrates: 27 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 1 g Protein: 14 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.