Tender marinated chicken breast cubes simmered in a lemon and balsamic vinegar sauce with sun-dried tomatoes, leeks, green peppercorns and spinach, served over a bed of linguine pasta.
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup boiling water
2 teaspoons green peppercorns
3 leeks, white part only, cut in thin slices
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (12-ounce) package linguine, cooked according to packaged instructions
- In small bowl, mix together lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken and leeks in medium bowl and top with lemon marinade mixture. Cover and marinate in refrigerator one hour.
- In small bowl, place sun-dried tomatoes and cover with boiling water. Soak 30 minutes, drain and chop.
- In skillet over medium heat, place peppercorns and chicken mixture. Cook about 7 minutes or until leeks are soft.
- Add spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook about 20 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Serve over hot linguine.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.