The whole family is sure to love this kid-friendly recipe.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups Ragu Old World Style Margherita Smooth Pasta Sauce
4 slices mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
Hot cooked penne pasta for accompaniment
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning once, about 5 minutes.
- Add sauce and simmer covered 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Top chicken with cheese, then let stand until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Garnish with basil. Serve, if desired, with hot cooked penne pasta topped with additional sauce, heated.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of www.Ragu.com; through ARAcontent.