Chicken Medallions in Lemon Mint Sauce
Cubes of chicken breast in a savory lemon mint sauce served atop a bed of fluffy rice.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate dissolved in
1/4 cup water
10 sprigs mint - divided use
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
2 tablespoons French onion soup mix
1/4 cup white wine
1 lemon, thinly sliced
Hot cooked rice for accompaniment
- On chicken breasts, sprinkle salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, place butter over high heat. Add chicken and cook 2 minutes on each side; remove chicken and keep warm.
- In same skillet, add onion, stirring, and cook over low heat about 2 minutes or until transparent.
- Add lemonade concentrate, half of the mint, nutmeg, allspice and onion soup mix dissolved in white wine; cook 8 minutes.
- Cut chicken into cubes and add to sauce in skillet; cook about 5 minutes more. Pour onto large serving plate, garnish with lemon slices and sprinkle with remaining mint.
- Serve with rice.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.