You can experience Tuscany in your own home by making this Culinary Institute-inspired dish for your next authentic, Italian meal.
1/2 cup butter, unsalted
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white wine
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 roasted garlic cloves, minced (purchased or make your own, Roasted Garlic)
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup spinach, chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon garlic chopped
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 lemon wedges
1 (20-ounce) package tortelloni or tortellini, cooked according to package directions
- For Sauce: Melt butter in sauce pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for one minute. Add flour and stir well until well-blended. Add white wine, chicken broth, heavy cream and cheese. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture starts to thicken. Add roasted garlic, pepper and salt. Stir until well blended. Add tomatoes and spinach to sauce and allow to simmer over low heat for about five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Flatten chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap by pounding gently until chicken is approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a flat-bottom bowl.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese, fresh parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic and pepper. Transfer to a flat plate.
- Dredge chicken in flour, coating both sides. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, coating both sides. Dredge in bread crumb mixture, coating completely on both sides. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-heat. Add breaded chicken to pan and cook until both sides are golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
- Add cooked, drained tortelloni pasta to sauce and blend well.
- Transfer chicken to a large platter and serve with hot, creamy tortelloni. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of www.OliveGarden.com; through ARAcontent.