This elegant dish features sautéed chicken cutlets topped with asparagus spears, lump crabmeat and a drizzle of tangy lemon chive sauce.
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 thin asparagus spears, trimmed and peeled
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1/2 medium tomato, chopped
3 ounces jumbo lump crab meat, picked over for shells and cartilage
4 cherry tomatoes for garnish
Lemon Chive Sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
5 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- In medium saucepan, bring water mixed with 1/2 teaspoon salt to boil. As soon as the water comes to a boil, add asparagus and boil until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Set aside until needed.
- Lay chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- On a medium plate mix flour with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; dredge chicken to coat, patting off any excess.
- In medium, non-stick skillet over medium heat, warm 1 teaspoon butter and oil. Sauté chicken breasts on both sides until browned and firm, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken; keep warm until ready to serve.
- Add onion to skillet and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes. Increase heat to high, add tomato and sauté until most of the moisture has evaporated. Lower heat to low and add crab meat; toss gently, just until hot.
- To serve, set one chicken breast on each plate; arrange 5 asparagus spears on top of each. Spoon some of crab mixture over asparagus and drizzle with Lemon Chive Sauce. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.
- Lemon Chive Sauce: In small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter with lemon juice to make sauce. Whisk in cream cheese, milk and chives until smooth.
Makes 2 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with Permission.