Chicken Pesto Pizza
Busy day? Fix the family this fast and tasty pizza using convenient, ready-to-use ingredients—throw in a green salad tossed with Italian dressing and supper is served!
1 (12-inch) pre-baked pizza crust
1/2 of a (7-ounce) container refrigerated pesto*
1 (10-ounce) package Italian flavored, fully cooked, carved chicken breast or other cooked chicken breast
1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup grated mozzarella, provolone or fontina cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Spread the pizza crust with the pesto. Sprinkle with chicken, artichoke hearts and grated cheese. Season with freshly ground pepper, if desired.
- Bake on a pizza stone or baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown.
- Serve hot.
Makes 4 (2 slice) servings.
*If desired, freeze remaining pesto for use at another time.
- Two grilled chicken breasts from your local deli will yield 10 to 12 ounces.
- If shredded chicken is dry, toss with about 2 tablespoons of your favorite Italian dressing before placing on pizza.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 442; Total Fat: 25g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Total Carbs: 17g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 35g; Sodium: 635mg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.